This Friday I am off on holidays for a week to Casa de Bendi, on the Sunshine Coast. I am looking forward to Mr and Mrs Bendi Snr, looking after me while I relax, eat, drink and most importantly, knit! I promise to post and tell you about my adventures back in my home town!
So, for the moment, lets recap on a couple of my previous posts.
How are these Apples
Well I got some great suggestions for knitting books, thanks to you gorgeous crafty chicas. It is interesting to note, that most of the books suggested were already on my list. So it just goes to show that way cool & trendy knitting types do think alike! YOU ROCK!
- Barbara G Walker: any and all of the Treasury of knitting Patterns books. Sigh, they are all are on my wish list!
- Maggie Righetti: Knitting in Plain English. I have her Crochet book and it is awesome!
- Elizabeth Zimmerman: Kintting Without Tears
- Victorian Lace Today
- Lisa Kartus: Knit Fix. I like the idea of a book that tells you how to fix mistakes!
- Setsuko Torii: Hand-Knit Works (Japanese) mmmmm dont know if I am brave enough for this one yet!
- Nancie M Wiseman: The Knitters Book of Finishing Techniques
There are more titles in the comments of that post. Thanks Amy, Five Ferns Fiberholic, Rose Red, Nora, Jejune, Bells for your suggestions. I now have a very healthy Knitting book shopping list. My Credit Card salutes you!
Weekend To Do List
So what did I complete last weekend?
Well I knew the To Do List was ambitious, all I actually completed were the Clapotis repeats. BUT, I did wind the Colinette Jitterbug into a yarn cake in preparation for the casting on of teh Nereid Fingerless gloves. That counts doesnt it? Feast your eyes on this little beauty. mmmmmmmmm Colinette. Jitterbug. Salty Dog. mmmmmmmmmm