Sunday, May 02, 2010
Friday, April 02, 2010
Sunday, March 28, 2010
That Pixies song has been playing on my mind (no pun intended) a lot lately.
I have been meaning to write to you all. Honestly I have. Except that I haven’t felt like writing to you at all. Confused? I am. Coming home for a holiday was brilliant. I knew I missed you all, I just didn’t realise exactly how much until I got back here. It has been ten weeks since I was in Australia and it feels like an eternity.
In that time I have:
- Been sad
- Drank a whole bottle of Bach rescue remedy.
- Howled over the insensitivity of people who are related to you.
- Thought about why I came here.
- Mused over the amount of love and support a family can give you.
- Wondered what the f@@@ is wrong with the British?
- Seriously contemplated packing up and moving back to Sydney.
- Been EXTREMELY busy at work.
- Laughed at how brilliantly complex and endearing the British are.
- Two pairs of socks
- 3 baby beanies
- 3 baby bibs
- February Ladies sweater
- Scarf for my sister
- Skully – Just the sleeves to go
- Ink – I just need to sew it up
- Rowan vest – Again only need to sew up
- 1 pair of socks – sew in ends.
Freck it has been busy. No wonder I feel like I have been back for months when it has actually only been 10 weeks!
The best thing about coming home is knowing how I am going to do it next time. And when next time will be (April/May 2011). I didn’t get to see everyone I would have liked to, but you were in my thoughts.
I will try and blog more often. And I will try and post comments on your blogs more often. I make no promises! But of course I will try!
ps my last post was about my trip to Belgium (mmmmm Belgium!). I don't think I ever mentioned the reason for the visit. My sister and I went here for this reason. And we will be going back to get the rest of her arm finished and a bit of work done myself. Stay tuned!