- Indicators are optional.
- When turning right or left do so very SLOWLY, creating a traffic pile up if possible.
- When merging onto a motorway, again do it SLOWLY. For the same reason.
- When turning right onto a busy street, block a lane of traffic. Even if the lane you are turning into is not moving and traffic in that lane is backed up for 1/2 a km.
- Indicators are really optional.
- So are horns.
- No one uses them.
- Except me.
- Especially when someone pulls out slowly in front of me.
- A horn is for communicating with other drivers.
- That is what my driving instructor told me.
- Motorways are not for driving the speed limit. The speed limit is SLOW on a motorway.
- You only slow down on a Motorway when you see a speed camera sign.
- And see the markings on the road.
- And you see cars break lights.
- You get A LOT of warning about speed cameras.
- They don't seem like much of a deterrent.
- You don't have to give way to buses.
- So no one does.
- Except me.
- It annoys other drivers.
- I don't care.
- You can legally park on the opposite side of the road facing the wrong way.
- And people do it A LOT.
- Indicators really are optional.
- My ESP is a little rusty, so I never know if someone is about to turn or change lanes.
- Makes for an interesting trip.
Sunday, August 09, 2009
Off Topic: On Driving in the UK.
As you know, I am now driving over here in the UK. It has been an interesting experience so far, learning new road rules. Not the written down, learn to get your licence rules. Oh no, they may be the legal road rules, but there are other more important rules that need to be obeyed. Here are a few of my favorites;