Saturday, August 01, 2009

I am so a good Shazmina!


I finished a second WIP for the Tour de France KAL.

These socks have been on my sticks for 2 years! Yep, you read it correctly, 2 years! That is the extent of my completer/finisher issues.

They are for a dear friend, She bought the yarn (Lornas Laces) knit me a pair of socks from one skein, and gave me
the other. I thought it was only fitting that I make her a pair too.

As you can see I have used contrasting yarn for the toe, heel and top band of the sock. I wanted to make sure that I had enough yarn to finish the socks. And I was trying to stop the yarn pooling around the heel, and it worked but only to a point. Never mind!

Yarn: Lorna's Laces & some scrap yarn
Pattern: Black Dog Knits, Lorna's Laces one hank socks.
So, 2 WIP's finished as part of the TDF. This KAL was a great motivator to complete some WIP's, I may have to sign up to some other KAL's to get through my massive list of things that need to be finished.

ps Don't you love my pj's? I am such a star!

3 comments:

Rose Red said...

You are a star, good Shazmina!! I like how the contrast parts don't match on both socks - very cool!

2paw said...

Very cool and very kind socks!!! I like the contrasting contrasts and the picot(?) edging. Well done on your TdF.

Bells said...

oh it is a great motivator isn't it? Well done! Loved the contrasts!